NEWS!

I have been very, very slack with my little blog.  However, I've had a few very good reasons:
  1. I started a new job right after the Brisbane floods and had to spend a ridiculous amount of time getting the office spick and span after suffering so much damage in the floods (hence no time to blog).
  2. My husband and I went to Melbourne to celebrate our 6 month wedding anniversary.
  3. Oh yeah, I'M PREGNANT!
That's right, I'm pregnant with my first child (who we're calling Jellybean, possibly until their 21st).  Unfortunately I have suffered really bad morning sickness (read: not being able to get out of bed, eat anything, or go to work.  I have also ended myself in hospital for a few days) but it has all been worth it, especially when I saw the first scan of my little Jellybean yesterday.  I was supposed to be almost 11 weeks pregnant but found out that from the size of my little bub, I'm only just over 9 weeks (argh, another few weeks of vomiting to go!) and Jellybean is due on 3/12/2011.  Everything seems to be ok, and I just happen to be one of the lucky women who suffer morning sickness 24/7 for 12 weeks (although my doc warned me that most women who have really bad morning sickness in their first trimester usually have it all the way through their pregnancy.....way to psych me up, doc!)

I will post photos of my scan tomorrow if I'm feeling up to it :)

Hope everyone's doing well, and I can't wait to catch up with everyone's blogs after being AWOL for so long.

6 lovely thoughts:

Sammie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
I hated the first 14-16 weeks of my pregnancy, but now nearly 23 weeks in I am loving it!!!
Such brilliant news!
How wonderful is that first scan! But wait till the next, the next and the one after (depending on how many you have)
We just had an optional (paid for) 3D scan yesterday and got to see our will "Bug" (a girl) and it was fantastic!
Ok... So now I am actually going to read the rest of your post!

Sammie said...

ok... So I just read it all...
Bad morning sickness is the worst. I was pretty bad, but not as bad as you from the sounds of it.
Bad morning sickness can usually mean a girl? So if your hoping for a girl then you could be lucky...
I do hope your morning (24 hour) sickness calms down a bit soon.

Jo said...

I am hoping for a girl! The weird thing is, whenever I talk about Jellybean, I always say "he" without thinking. I'm glad to see on my scan that I'm not having twins as I was worrying about it, being so sick and all (and I have a history of twins and triplets in both my mum's, dad's and my MIL's family).

As for the morning sickness, it's been pretty bad. I've tried everything - ginger (I can't even smell it without being sick now), travel calm tablets and wristbands, acupressure, teas, eating small meals constantly, eating before getting out of bed, Maxalon (they did nothing except make me feel dizzier than I already was), and have now resorted to Ondansetron wafers which are usually used for people going through chemo (and at $105 for 10 wafers when I need to take 2 a day, it's not working for my bank balance...or for my nausea). Anyone have any other tips?

Donna said...

Huge congratualtions Jo!! Sorry to hear about the terrible morning sickness :( I hope it eases up soon xx

Christie said...

Congratulations. Lovely news. Hope you start to feel better soon!

Leah said...

Hi, Congrats on your pregnancy.

I too had really bad morning sickness for the first 14 weeks, it was dreadful! I'm now 32 weeks, and still get it from time to time! But i'm too excited to care as much lol :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails