It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


This angel has been in my husband's family for years...and we got it (we're the favourites!)

Presents!


Poppy helping us wrap some presents.


G's stocking is the one all filled, mine is empty (although apparently I have stuff).  The red one is for our cats - Lilly and Poppy.  We don't buy them stuff...but everyone else does! (Admittedly we buy for the other animals in the family).  Those flowers in the background are also from my wedding bouquet.

Those presents down the front are bones for my sister's dog, Charlie, and my MIL's dogs, Saffy and Merle.

Excuse the no makeup look.  I look about 12 in this photo.

We're having Christmas at our house this year since it's the first as a married couple.  It will be us, my mum and dad, my sister and her partner, and my MIL and FIL.  We're doing a completely cold buffet, with different cold meats, my MIL's amazing salads (seriously, this woman can do things with potatoes and eggs that I've only dreamed about), seafood (including WA lobster - thanks Dad!), and a dessert buffet made by yours truly.  I have a recipe for Christmas pudding that has been in my mum's family for generations.  I'm trying mini ones this year, as well as ice cream puddings (since my MIL is intolerant to gluten), and chocolate self-saucing puddings (just for my sister as it's a family tradition).

I'm hoping we can have it outside under our new gazebo but the Brisbane weather just isn't co-operating!

I'm anal a perfectionist so I like to have things just so.  This year I've decided to have a purple, silver and white theme so I've bought some beautiful purple glasses and a purple tablecloth from Spotlight. 




I also bought a white and silver table runner.

We had lots of white bonfav boxes left so I'm cracking out the lolly bar from the wedding again (with white and purple lollies of course).


We're also cracking out the photo booth so look forward to some crazy photos of both my family, and my in-laws (you saw photos of them from the wedding!)

What are you all doing for Christmas?  How do you celebrate?

0 lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails