Brisbane floods - part 2

I just saw my work on the ABC news.  The reporters are literally standing right outside our door.  It's about to go under.  The school has already gone, along with many houses.  My favourite coffee shop is waist deep in water.  This is a beautiful community village, about a kilometre away from the Brisbane River and Brisbane City. 

This is what Rosalie usually looks like. Source: Tourism Qld
I love seeing that people in the area are out, trying to help save houses and businesses, but it's a small positive.  It's upsetting that I can't get over there to help because I'm cut off.  I have to sit here, watching the news and keeping my fingers crossed.  It's upsetting that we'll lose most things, despite our best efforts.  The water has already risen this morning - at 4am this morning it was starting to spread up our street; now it's waist deep in places and steadily rising.
Milton State School yesterday

Milton State School this morning

Around Suncorp Stadium

Suncorp Stadium
I've got my fingers crossed that everything will be ok for all of my friends and students in the area.  My heart goes out to you.

0 lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails