Queensland Floods

Brisbane is preparing for the apocalypse.  We're preparing for Watergeddon.

Seriously, it's getting pretty bad here.  I luckily live away from the Brisbane river but there's a fair bit of flooding in our area.
This is the flooding from the creek behind our house.

Fitzgibbon Chase - a new housing estate behind our house.

Beams Rd, about to cross the bridge.

Beams Rd bridge from the other way.

Roghan Rd Taigum, getting close to going under.  This is on the other side of our house.


I didn't have to work today and Mr L was told to go home at about 2pm so we decided we'd better prepare ourselves in case our electricity is cut off.  We wanted to get the basics just in case we're cut off from the shops (as we have been once before). 

This was what we saw...

Source: couriermail.com.au

This is what my city is doing right now.  After everyone was warned to go home at lunch time, it was a ghost town.

Brisbane river from Southbank towards the city.


Eagle St Pier with water lapping the buildings.


 I'm supposed to go into work tomorrow, but as that suburb is on the river and is already going underwater, I don't think I'll be able to.



Milton State School


See what I mean?

Brisbane and Ipswich are supposed to suffer from king tide tomorrow, with the worst to come on Thursday.  If you live in a low lying area near the river, please be careful.

I feel for all the people being warned about possible flooding in their houses.  As the devastation of Toowoomba and North Queensland has shown us, there is no such thing as being too careful.  My thoughts and prayers are with the people who have lost loved ones.  Stay safe everyone.

Good links for updates:


0 lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails