Books!

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I may be completely behind the times with this, but I'm currently loving "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson. This is the main reason I haven't posted in a few days - I've been locked in the book!

My friend, T, has been urging me to read this series ever since she finished it. I bought the three of them from Book Depository (American site here, and English site here) for $24....for all three! (If you haven't been to this site, RUN, don't walk, as the prices are so much cheaper than Australia).

It was hard to get into at the start, which I knew about since T warned me. Once you get into the mystery, it is extremely hard to put down. Parts of it are a bit gruesome, and had me triple checking that I'd locked all the doors, but well worth reading.

You'd like this series if you like:
  • Minette Walters (another of my favourites)
  • James Patterson
  • Alexander Mcall Smith
  • Elizabeth George
  • Agatha Christie
  • Peter Hoeg (another Swedish writer who wrote "Smilla's Sense of Snow")
It got me thinking about what books are on my wish list to read.
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • The Man of My Dreams by Curtis Sittenfeld (since I read Prep - I wanted to see if he/she was as bad a writer as I thought!)
  • Dear John by Nicholas Sparks (I don't particularly like his writing style, but I like a good soppy book every once in a while).
  • Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
  • Lord of the Flies by William Golding (I can't believe I got through high school without reading this one).
  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (since so many Voguettes have recommended it)
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
What books are on your wish list?

0 lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails