State of Origin 1

When people look at me, most of them don't realise I'm a mad sports nut. I am completely obsessed with rugby league. I know that the sport is in disarray and has come under scrutiny after many a transgression/crime. I definitely don't condone that. What I do condone is the hard work that the rest of the players have put into the teams, and the work they've done for communities and charities. Also, I really love a good game of footy!

My team is the Brisbane Broncos (of course!). This year, we haven't been going so well...but I'm optimistic that we will still make the 8 at the end of the normal season. Due to this, there aren't as many Broncos players in the QLD State of Origin team this year.

Origin

I'm extremely glad that Israel Folau was named as part of the squad. I feel sorry for the guy - he's young and having to make an extremely difficult decision about his future. According to media reports, he hasn't made up his mind about which way to turn - rugby with the Melbourne Rebels, AFL with the new western Sydney franchise, or stay in NRL with the Broncos. If anything will help make up his mind, it's the Origin series! Plus, we need all the help we can get now that Cameron Smith has been ruled out. Jarryd Hayne is going to be trouble (does anyone else dislike him as much as I do?)

I've only got one thing left to say.........

GO QUEENSLAND! MAKE IT 5!

0 lovely thoughts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails